Monday, May 11, 2009

New live Grizzly Bear footage, get excited!

Hi folks, look what I just found:

Slightly sketchy looking video footage (notice the odd look when Chris Bear is playing the drums), but beautiful sounding audio at the same time, of Grizzly Bear playing "While You Wait for the Others," a track from their soon-to-be-released Veckatimest.



Everyone has been buzzing/blogging/downloading about this album for the past two months because the album leaked. Which sucks for G. Bear, and kinda sucks for humanity because it says interesting things about what we've become. These guys are making truly great art and we can't just fucking calm down long enough for them to officially finish it and present it to the world on their own terms? Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly calmly awaiting the release date, because I am way hyped about the album, especially after falling completely in love with Department of Eagles earlier this year.

I need to really get on top of pre-ordering the album on vinyl because within the past week I've turned into a vinyl head. Yes, that's what I've been doing instead of posting on my blog, I've been listening to actual records, and let me tell you- it's been an enlightening experience. I now "get" what people meant when they said that things just sound better in actual record format. How cool that people were right and not crazy! Or maybe now I'm just crazy with them.

Anyways, I'm sure that Veckatimest is one of those albums that is going to be great sounding and then even greater sounding on vinyl, and I think I'm going to have a listening party. Listening parties have become pretty trendy lately, because people can't afford multiple albums/download them anyways, so they need some sort of resource or live listening experience to let them know which albums they would like to either spend their time downloading or money purchasing. But then, they're just fun times when you have a specific album and a particular group of people excited about that album, and you're all listening to it for the first time together. Now, let's all hold hands and sing Grizzly Bear together.

Grizzly Bear, Veckatimest, available for US purchase May 26 via Warp. Preorder on the Grizzly blog.

No comments: