Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mission: M.I.A.

It started out as a vague rumor on friends' wall posts, but now it's really happening: M.I.A., Soulja Boy, and Holy Fuck are scheduled to play The Newport in Columbus on May 10. That's right: I have exactly seven days left to round up at least two tickets, not to mention the numerous other folks who have mentioned they would also like to go. Tickets to the show were free, only given to Ohio State students, but have long been...well, M.I.A.

I have a feeling it's going to be a show of epic proportions, due to comments made about M.I.A.'s Coachella performance by Paper Magazine blogger J. Everette Perry (Word of Mouth): "M.I.A. sported a hot white wig as she exploded in my favorite song "Boyz" off her album Kala. All of a sudden the lights went on. Supposedly, her dancers had fake guns, and the speaker system made very realistic gunshot noises during "Paper Planes," so security wanted to be able to check things out." This sounds awesome, to say the least.

This said, the news is that a person's only hopes for getting tickets lies in either a. a sweet friend at OSU who just gives out their ticket, b. craigslist, c. the facebook marketplace, or d. possible radio giveaways? Who knows.

All I know is I want to be there.

M.I.A.- "Paper Planes"

No comments: