Friday, May 2, 2008

Welcome to my very alive musical life.

I've been meaning to do this for awhile. What is "this?" Well, this is a journey, a sort of documentation, of music in my life. At 21 years old I've incorporated music into just about every facet of my life- I listen to it when I cook, I fall asleep to it, I do it in my free time, I think and write about it for my (developing) career. Most importantly I'm constantly talking about music and discovering new topics of interest, and I think "this" is a lovely forum for sharing all of my music news with the world.

I've realized that not only do I enjoy badgering my friends and random strangers with my music news- most people actually enjoy hearing about it. Well, friends and non-friends, here it is! Your connection to the inner workings of my music knowledge...it's kind of an overflowing mess sometimes, while other times I have a clear shot of only one band or sound that I focus on for ridiculously long or short periods of time.

Disclaimer: I go to shows. A lot. I also get new albums constantly. I REALLY enjoy people passing on names of new groups for me to check out, so feel free to comment on my opinions, leave your own, and definitely to give me suggestions for things you think I would enjoy...or even hate. My motto in music is that I'll listen to anything once.

No comments: